Thursday, January 7, 2010

Well, Let's Just Say a Little Birdie Told Me

I was on my way to slave for the "man" this morning, when it occured to me, that as our nation's gas prices are rising, our Law Enforcement vehicles are increasing in size as well. I am all for "Serve and Protect", but most police officers I know are here to "Instigate and Harass" or pulling over 20 something year old girls and giving them tickets for "Driving while Foxy". Now, if we are having trouble filling our own gas tanks, and having to curb our mileage on the old family Porsche', then don't you think that the Law Enforcement agents should either drive a car, ride a bike or hoof it? Because those MF'ers are just driving around in 8 MPG vehicles, driving them home, going into the doughnut shop and leaving them running. I believe they could drive SMART cars or Mini Coopers, and let's see how motivated they are to be a male appendage.

But wait, I was just told that the Law Dogs, get their vehicles from Drug seizures and "stuff". Hmmmmmmm, so they go in and take somebody's shit, impound their shit, then don't pay shit for it, then all the insurance and gas for those "MFin'" vehicles, once they are claimed for the "protection of our communities", is then paid in full by us, the broke ass tax payer. It just doesn't make sense to me....if those vehicles are "basically free", according to the city governments, who claim to be borderline bankrupt in the first place, yet they still manage to buy these new Tahoes, 4-door trucks and "stuff". How come we can't take these drug seized vehicles and give them to a struggling family.

Isn't that what community is about? I know of several "A-hole" police men, and only two true police officers. The two I know are the only thing that keeps my faith in some sort of law and order. However, I digress, the needy...the single mom with 3 kids, who gets no help from the kids dad, in which her car only goes forward, no reverse and no heater....shouldn't that person be entitled to a seized vehicle. Do you really think that the Police are entitled? Their rights stop with ours, maybe if they bought half of their own police cruiser, they wouldn't wreck it or drive it so bad, and if they paid half their gas, then they would be more mindful of turning it off or slowing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment