Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Movie Review Time

Ok, I watched the movie Jennifer's Body. I am not really a horror type of person, but I found this movie to be very entertaining. This movie dabbled with the occult, had good music, great references to current sub-cultures and high school banter.

One thing I thought no one could do, was to make Megan Fox look bad, but there is a scene in which she looks very evil and very bad and tore up. Kudos to the make up crew, this made the story very believable. I know that everyone wanted to see the girl-on-girl kissing, which was nice, but the dialogue of the movie was great. Orson Welles used to say that everything starts with the dialogue, once the dialogue is established then the director can begin his visual work. The dialogue was one of the best parts of this movie. There is a scene, I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but Megan Fox's friend (played by Amanda Seyfried), talks to Megan:

Megan Fox: I think the singer wants me.
Amanda Seyfried: Only because he thinks you're a virgin. I heard them talking.
Megan Fox: Yeah, right. I'm not even a backdoor-virgin anymore, thanks to Roman. By the way, that *hurts*. I couldn't even go to flags the next day. I had to stay home and sit on a bag of frozen peas.

This is fresh and funny dialogue. I think this movie was a great rental. I highly suggest it, I give it 4 featherdusters out 5. Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment